For PEI to significantly reduce its transportation emissions and reach its ambitious climate targets, we have to change how we move from place to place and ensure accessible, affordable, safe and reliable public transportation options.
The Province of Prince Edward Island is committed to developing a province-wide integrated public transportation system.
With transportation being one of the largest carbon emitters in the province, this initiative is key in reaching PEI’s goal of being the first net zero province in Canada by 2040.
Local and intercommunity transportation services will link workers to jobs, students to schools, shoppers to stores and Islanders to the essential services they need to enhance their quality of life.
- North shore transit ready to roll this summer - June 2022
- Online booking now available - June 2022
- Rural public transit expands to north shore communities - May 2022
- Transit fares lowered - May 2022
- Rural transit program expands to Prince County - March 2022
- Cost of public transit passes lowered for Islanders - March 2022
- New rural transit routes and expanded service for Islanders - December 2021
- First Phase of Island-Wide Public Transit System Launches October 12 with $2 One-Way Trips to help meet Net Zero targets by 2040 - October 2021